Roger Hatchuel Academy
Every year, 35 students from around the world attend the Roger Hatchuel Academy at Cannes Lions. It is a five-day course for students of advertising, communications and other creative disciplines.
What is it?
The course is led by Tim Mellors, former Worldwide Creative Director of Grey and Clive Challis, Head of the Advertising Course at Central Saint Martins in London. Together they create a programme combining classroom sessions and a selection of official Festival content. Previous guest lecturers have included Bob Greenberg, Bob Isherwood, Neil French, David Droga, Jim Stengel, Michael Conrad and Tham Khai Meng.
How does it work?
A full course curriculum will be confirmed soon. Expect sessions to include:
- Perspectives from industry thought leaders, marketing luminaries and some of the world’s most celebrated creatives
- A behind-the-scenes look at the Jury process
- Guided tours of the work with insights into award-winning creative
- Exercises to help you unearth better ideas, faster
- One-on-one coaching with Tim Mellors
What will you learn?
Academy students get full access to the Cannes Lions Festival, including the five Award Ceremonies and the Young Lions Party. They will also have exclusive access to the Jury rooms, which are closed to all other attendees of the Festival. This is a unique way to navigate the world’s most important discussion of creativity in communications, and an unrivalled opportunity to network with other future Lions-winners.
Over five days, you will learn to:
- Take more risks and be creatively courageous
- Appreciate your “voice” and fight for your ideas
- See every brief as an opportunity
- Find inspiration in more places
- Tell more engaging stories
- Present confidently
- Be a better leader and empower others
How to apply
To be considered for the Academy, applicants must be:
Studying advertising, communications or a creative subject with a view to working in the advertising industry, ideally in a creative role
Fluent in spoken and written English
Between 18 and 23 years old
There is no fee for attending the course. If you want a place at the 2015 Roger Hatchuel Academy, send your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
22 – 26 June 2015
Course fee (includes your pass to Cannes Lions)
There is no fee for attending the course. If you want a place at the 2015 Roger Hatchuel Academy, contact your local Representative.
Tim Mellors, Worldwide Creative Director, Grey
Clive Challis, Head of Advertising, Central Saint Martins
It is a five-day course for students of advertising, communications and other creative disciplines who want to work within the creative industry